Followers

Getting used to blogging...

I really need to get better at posting on my blog. I have so many things jotted down in notebooks and journals but I need to commit more time to getting comfortable with publishing these thoughts on here. 

A blog is something that I had never really considered having, I have friends that post blogs all of the time but the thought of a part of myself being out their on the big wide web seemed a bit daunting at first. I am much more used to the idea now and after spending time looking at Reader 1 from our first module I have realised that it can be a very useful tool in ways that I would have never even contemplated. 

The thought that a blog is an online network where you can post your own ideas, read other peoples thoughts, comment, learn and grow is so intriguing to me. I realise that I need to commit more time to really submerging myself in the blogging world so that I get the most out of it. I need to take more time to read through all of the interesting posts on other students blogs and see if this triggers any thoughts or ideas of my own. 

As I currently live on a cruise ship, an internet connection is a bit of a luxury that costs obscene amounts! Finding wifi in various ports is always an option but its hard to focus when your in a busy cafe or restaurant and reading through blogs always seems to get lost in the hustle and bustle of everything. 

However, the first thing that I always do is check my emails which is why I found the link on Adesola’s blog so exciting! Its a way to subscribe to receive an email every time that she posts something on there. This is such a useful tool and I just wanted to recommend it to you all. If alike me your not yet in the habit of checking the blogs as often as you should, receiving an email is an easy reminder to get you on the blogger site and reading through posts.

I just wanted to share that little bit of information as I have found it really helpful so far. And also to recommend that if your having doubts or concerns about having a blog to spend time looking at Reader 1 about Web 2.0, as this answered most of my questions.

Hopefully over time I will get more and more comfortable with posting blogs and it will become second nature, just like we all naturally scroll through our Facebook feed or Instagram posts. I feel excited to be pushing myself out of my comfort zone and trying new things!

Let me know if any of you are still getting used to the blogging world too and what you think! 


Meg 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning as a Circular, Reciprocal Force...

This week I have been really working on using my key texts to help me learn about Mental Health within the Arts. The book I am reading at t...