Followers

Task 1a

So today I spent time looking at my professional CV as part of task 1a for this module. I realised that my CV is something that I haven’t put any time into for far too long, it hasn’t been update for a while and definitely needs a bit of TLC!

I have been working for the same company for a couple of years now and they have never asked for an updated version of my CV. Well why would they I guess?

This has made me realise that I should never get comfortable. I should continue to stay on top of my own development and my own profession, pushing myself because I want to, not because someone is telling me to. Striving to improve to ensure that I am always employable within my profession.

After evaluating my CV I realised that it is very basic with very few words. I have talked about my education & my work history in a brief factual way. There is nothing where I talk about myself as a person, my attributes and what I would bring to a job.  I think I definitely need to add a bit of personality to it so that it is more relatable and stands out.

Looking back on my CV I can see how I have grown over the years. I think I avoided going into personal details because I wasn’t sure of who I was and what I could even bring to my  profession. I am grateful of my education and my training as it has helped me to become the employable dancer that I believe I am today. But there are some things that school can’t teach us… we need to learn and figure things out for ourselves over time as we develop and gain real experience. 

I feel that I now know more about my profession and what it involves so I can get a better idea of what I can bring to my profession in order to be successful.

I also decided that setting up a LinkedIn account would be a great idea. It is something that I have never thought of doing, for the same reason that I haven’t updated my CV for a while. But I realise now the importance of networking and how having a professional social media profile could really help me in connecting with potential employers or other professionals. I plan to have this set up by the end of the week.

I have thought about my CV and written an about me section for my blogger account profile. Feel free to check it out!


Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning as a Circular, Reciprocal Force...

This week I have been really working on using my key texts to help me learn about Mental Health within the Arts. The book I am reading at t...