Followers

What support systems are available to performers?

I am spending time looking into support systems available to dancers.

Is there a place we can go to talk about our emotions and experiences after being rejected at a really tough audition? Are there specific forums, discussion groups, helplines aimed for performers? 

I know that I mostly use my own support system made up of my close friends and family...that is who I would call to vent about an audition or open up to about my disappointment in not getting cast. But do I rely so much on my own support system because there aren't enough advice professionals available to us? Or are they there and I just haven't heard about them yet?

I would love to know what you all think! 

Who do you turn to when our rewarding but demanding career leaves you feeling rejected and not good enough? And do you feel that there is enough support available?

Thank you in advice for your opinions...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning as a Circular, Reciprocal Force...

This week I have been really working on using my key texts to help me learn about Mental Health within the Arts. The book I am reading at t...